Carlow – A Pandemic in Pictures
Could your picture tell a thousand words? Our photo competition is open to all amateur photographers with the ability to capture the most powerful images of the Covid -19 pandemic’s impact on those living in Carlow. We want you to send us your photos that show what has changed during the pandemic and how has the past year been different to all other years. You can enter up to 3 times!
The Competition: Healthy Carlow in partnership with Carlow Photographic Society are calling for all amateur photographers/visual storytellers to capture the untold moments of COVID-19 from people’s lives in Carlow, during the lockdowns and restrictions in the period from 11th March 2020 up to competition closing date 12th April 2021. This project has received funding from Healthy Ireland for Healthy Carlow for people living in Carlow to Keep Well during the Autumn/Winter/Spring 2020/2021.
The Book: The competition will result in the winning entries and a large selection of images being published in a book of the same title that will capture what life was like in Carlow, during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our panel of judges will award prizes in the three age categories detailed below. There will be nine prizes in the 3 categories for a voucher. The 3 age categories are: 7 – 12 years, 13 – 17 years, 18 years and over (age on or after 11th March 2020). The age categories are based on the start date for the valid competition images which is 11th March 2020, and the images need to be taken on or after that date.
• 7 -12: 1st prize – €200*, 2nd prize – €100*, 3rd prize – €100*
• 13 – 17: 1st prize – €300*, 2nd prize €200*, 3rd prize – €100*
• 18 and over: 1st prize – €500*, 2nd prize €300*, 3rd prize – €200*
Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg or .jpg format only and not exceed 25mb and a maximum of 3 entries is permitted
*Prizes will be in the form of a voucher to the stated cash value
Website summary Terms & Conditions
• Photo Competition is free to enter
• THE COMPETITION IS NOT OPEN TO PROFFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
• Participants can submit up to 3 separate images through this here
• By entering the competition participants guarantee they are the sole owner of the photo submitted or guaranteed by the parent/guardian of the photographer if under 16 years old.
• All images submitted to this competition may be used in promotion publications and social media by Carlow County Council without credit to the photographer
• The participant warrants that they have obtained any necessary permission of those pictured in the photograph (or, where the photograph shows any persons under the age of 18, warrants they have the necessary consents of their parents/guardians/carer.
• The decision of the judging panel is final as regards selection of images for prizes and for the book publication.
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for more information