• +353 (0)59 9170 300

Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)

If you are looking for an Application form or Council Document you will find them in the All Publications section of this website or alternatively if you are looking for a Housing document or Applications form you can find them in Housing Documents & Forms section of this website.

Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a new social housing support. HAP will replace Rent Supplement for those with a long term housing need.  Persons applying for HAP (Housing Assistance Payment) must be a qualified housing applicant(S) before they can apply for HAP.

If you are eligible as an approved housing applicant, you must find your own private rented accommodation (within specific rent caps).  The Local Authority will pay the landlord directly and the tenant will pay a rent to the Local Authority based on the differential rent scheme.  The rent will be based on your weekly household income and works in a similar way to the differential rents charged for Local Authority houses.

See the Tenant & Landlord sheets in the Housing Documents & Forms section of this website for more detailed information. Qualified Housing Applicant(s) can contact the Housing Section on 059 9136270 or 059 9170368 in order to receive an application form for Housing Assistance Payment.