What you Need to Know
Motor Tax Appointment System
The Carlow Motor Tax Office at County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow re-opened to the public on Monday the 29th of June 2020 on a strictly controlled basis.
Due to social distancing requirements you must book an Appointment to attend at the Motor Tax Office. There is no walk-in service available.
To book your Appointment log onto www.carlow.ie or phone the Motor Tax Office on 059 9170317.
Please note the following:-
• Application Forms must be completed before arrival and please bring your own pen. Forms available at www.motortax.ie or by calling the Motor Tax Office on 059 9170317.
• Payment should be made by Cheque/Card only.
• If you fail to turn up for your appointment you must re-book another Appointment.
• Only one person per Appointment allowed in the office.
• Please adhere to public health guidelines during your visit.
• If you have any questions please contact the Motor Tax Team on 059 9170317.
Pay Your Motor Tax On-Line
You can also tax your vehicle online at www.motortax.ie. Your PIN number is the last six digits of the serial number of your Vehicle Registration Certificate (Log book).
You can also post your application to Motor Tax Office, Carlow County Council, County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow where it will be processed within 24 hours.
You can also leave your application in the Wall Mounted Post Box beside the Motor Tax Office Front Door where it will be processed within 24hours.
For Queries Phone: 059 9170317 Lines open from 9.00am to 5pm.
Pay your motor tax online: www.motortax.ie
Motor Tax Office Opening Hours: 9.15am to 1.30pm Strictly By Appointment Only